Social Work Supervision
I am passionate about enhancing the lives of those I meet; promoting wellbeing and establishing practical solutions with individuals to make positive changes and help them achieve their potential.
I have been practising within the social work field for 23 years. I gained my Social Work qualification (BA/Dip) in 2003 and continued to further my knowledge and skill base through further training in various evidence-based practices and modules.
I have extensive experience working in a variety of health and social care settings predominantly within the children and family sector. This includes mental health, care and protection, fostering and disabilities and health, this has been within the statutory and community sectors both here in New Zealand and in the UK.
I believe my professional, private and educational experiences have enabled me to gain a rich and valuable practice, which I would like to share and benefit others through providing quality supervision.
My desire is to assist and guide those working with children and/or adults, to become accountable and competent practitioners who deliver best practice, which in turn will benefit those they support and work with.
I believe strongly in advancing professional development through education and personal support and recognise the need for practitioners to care for their own wellbeing in what can often be highly demanding and emotionally taxing work.
Qualifications / Registration
- BA/Dip in Social Work (2nd Class Upper Division Honours)
- ANZASW Accredited and Practicing Member (MANZASW)
- Registered Social Worker (SWRB)
- Certificate in Health & Social Care Supervision (UNITEC Level 5)
- Mental Health First Aide Instructor
Previous Roles & Capacities
- Private practice providing therapeutic intervention and support for children and adults to enhance their emotional wellbeing.
- Senior Care and Protection Social Worker (Government and Non-Government Agencies)
- Infant, Child, Adolescent Mental Health Social Worker (for the DHB)
- Emergency Department Social Worker
- Residential Social Worker
- Group Facilitator and Trainer
- Primary Care Liaison for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (for the DHB)
- Middle Management for Non-Government Organisation
Professional Interests & Approaches
My practice in-cooperates but not limited to:
- Ecological Theory
- Motivational Interviewing
- Crisis Intervention
- Attachment theory and therapy
I am competent in using behavioural and cognitive behavioural theory and therapy, distress tolerance techniques and family therapy theory and intervention.
I am a trained Incredible Years Facilitator, FRIENDS for life Facilitator and Mental Health first aide Instructor and trainer.
As well as providing external supervision, I deliver presentations to promote and educate; topics have included trauma, attachment and promoting through mindfulness and self-compassion good self-cares of practitioners as well as Mental Health First aid.
Please get in touch for pricing, info and bookings.
Based in the Waikato, NZ but I am open to travel.